Stakeholders such as consumers, investors, communities and employees have become increasingly more sophisticated and demanding in their expectations of corporate accountability and transparency. As more Singaporean organisations take their disclosure beyond traditional financial reporting, this trend to communicate environmental, social and governance issues has been greatly enhanced wtih the publication of the Guide to Sustainability Reporting for Listed Companies, by Singapore Exchange (SGX) published in 2011.
A 'Sustainability Report' supports an organisation's analysis, measurement, disclosure and communication of key sustainability performance indicators. It can help companies identify material sustainability issues,enhance productivity and enhance relationships with shareholders and other key stakeholders. As such, Singapore Compact for CSR, Singapore Environment Institute and ACCA Singapore are jointly organising this 2-day 'Sustainability Reporting Workshop - A Practical Approach' to equip organsiations with the knowledge to start or enhance their own sustainability reporting projects.
This programme provides flexibility for participants to attend either Day 1 or Day 2 only, or to sign up for both days as a package.
The workshop aims to address the following issues :
- What is Sustainability Reporting and why do companies report?
- How does it benefit my business and enhance investor and stakeholder relations?
- How does reporting relate to Corporate Social Responsbility (CSR), Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) and ISO26000?
- What do companies need to report on?
- Step-by-step Guide - how to go about producing a report
- Verification - expectations, pitfalls to avoid and likely costs
- Information on the latest GRI 3.1 Guidelines
- Assessing materiality - what are the important issues for your organisation?
- Stakeholder engagement - external expectations and potential approaches
- Sustainability reporting and investor interests - Why are some institutional investors requesting sustainability disclosures before making investments decisions?
The Sustainability Reporting Workshop is based on the Global Reporting Initiative Reporting Guidelines Version 3 (GRI G3).
Who should Attend?
- Companies looking to produce, or improve upon, a Sustainability Report (including environmental, social and CSR disclosure)
- Companies seeking to enhance their corporate communications and investor relations programmes
- Listed companies that need to understand the details and implications of the Policy Statement on Sustainability Reporting and Guide to Sustainability Reporting for Listed Companies by SGX
- Practitioners who are interested in sustainabillity and CSR
Location : Seminar Room 1, Level, Keppel Towers
10 Hoe Chiang Road, Singapore 089315
Fee : Day 1 or Day 2 only
$360 for Singapore Compact and ACCA members
$390 for Non-members
Days 1 and 2
$600 for Singapore Compact and ACCA members
$730 for Non-members
*Fees include course fee, notes and lunch
Deadline for enrolment : Wednesday, 28 March 2012
For registration and more details about the workshop, please click here.