We are looking for a Deputy Director to join the team! Interested parties please apply here.
Global Compact Network Singapore (GCNS) is the premium go-to organisation for Singapore-based businesses interested in pursuing sustainable business practices and commercialising clean, efficient and green solutions to further their interests. GCNS advances the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) initiative and its 10 principles at the country level through facilitating capacity building, outreach, learning, thought leadership and partnerships.
The candidate will assist the Executive Director (ED) in daily operations, and be responsible for the implementation of strategic initiatives, and the successful delivery of programmes and projects to meet the vision of the organisation. The successful candidate will have good experience/exposure in the public and private sectors, and demonstrate leadership qualities in assisting the ED to drive the organisation to achieve its desired outcomes.
He/she is results-oriented and a strong team-player, and possess:
- Sound knowledge of sustainable development, and in particular the environment, social and governance (ESG) aspects where it relates to business such as sustainability reporting
- Good understanding of local and international sustainability best practices
- Drive a spectrum of concurrent programmes and initiatives to promote sustainability best practices and advocate specific sustainability-related issues among the Singapore business community;
- Manage win-win collaborations with stakeholders including government organisations and statutory bodies, regulators, academia, commercial enterprises, trade associations and NGOs, to ensure the achievement of GCNS’s objectives in a holistic manner;
- Manage B2B relations;
- Assist the ED to oversee external communications platforms at national and international levels;
- Oversee people development efforts within GCNS;
- Work with the ED to produce research articles on national sustainability reporting requirements;
- Manage grant applications and processes;
- Supervise operational matters with regards to membership marketing activities, seminars, conferences, networking sessions and project meetings to meet assigned objectives; and
- Manage triple-helix collaboration model amongst research, industry and government agency partners in joint activities, events, programs and initiatives in the areas of sustainable development.
- Degree holder with at least eight or more years of relevant working experience. Preference will be given to candidates with sustainability and/or environmental backgrounds
- Demonstrate good understanding in and/or track record of experiences related to sustainable development and the job responsibilities above
- Proven project management abilities, particularly in successfully delivering medium to large scale programmes
- Possess strong conceptual and analytical thinking skillsets in order to understand and address the needs of Singapore’s sustainable development business community
- Possess excellent communication skills for effective engagement at both local and international levels
- Able to engage, manage and deliver effectively within the project team and various stakeholders
- Prior experience in industry development or working with the public sector will be advantageous